SecureTeen makes use of categories so that you don´t have to type all websites which you want to allow OR block. All websites containing similar content are placed under one group called 'Category'. For example: the 'Social Networking' category caters to facebook.com, twitter.com, orkut.com etc. If you block the 'Social Networking' category, all sites within it will be blocked.
Let's learn how we can block "Social Networking" category by using the instructions given below:
Web/Online Dashboard’s Layout to alert Category settings
- Log in to your dashboard and identify the Device/Child (Test, in this case) for which you want to customize settings.
- Open Rules and go to WEB settings
- Next; you need to scroll the given Web Categories list and find out required category (Social Networking, in this case) which you wish not to allow on target device.
Find out “Social networking” category among list of Web Categories.
- Tap “Social networking” category to change its status as blocked and Save Changes.
Parent App’s Dashboard’s Layout to alert Category settings
- Tap blue SecureTeen Parent App on personal/parental device and sign-into your dashboard. Identify the Child (in this case Test) for which you want to specified restrictions under its Rules section as shown in figure (image-1) given below.
- Tap "Web Settings"
- Tap "Category" settings
- Scroll down the given Web Categories list and find out required category (Social Networking, in this case) which you wish not to allow on target device.
- Tap “Social networking” category to change its status as blocked (its lock-icon's color will turned to red) and Save Changes.
Once your alerted settings will be updated onto target phone, SecureTeen app will block every website, which will be falling under “Social networking” category in internet world.